Jemma- Jade Events 12 month guide to stress free Wedding Planning
For all you Brides to Be that just got engaged and are planning your wedding, I would like to say firstly a MASSIVE congratulations and secondly DO NOT STRESS!! As here you will find a 12 month guide to planning your wedding. However, if you do feel you need that extra support then please do not hesitate to contact Jemma-Jade Events, we would be delighted to be part of planning your special day 🙂
- Have the budget conversation with your fiancé and your parents
- Fix a date and time
- Decide on guest numbers
- Save the date: 4 months prior
- Invitations: 6-8 weeks prior
11 months to go
- Book your photographer and videographer (Make sure the wedding venue allows photos and videos to be shot!)
- Book the caterer, DJ and/or band
- Make appointments to try on wedding dresses
10 months to go
- Choose your attendants – bridesmaids, ushers and best man etc
- Decide on your dress (allow at least six months for a made-to-measure dress to be delivered)
- Choose and order your bridesmaid’s outfits.
- Start thinking about a honeymoon, including the costs, season and flights
9 months to go
- Find a florist and discuss your flowers, including buttonholes, bouquets and arrangements for the ceremony and wedding venue
- Taste and confirm your menu and drinks with your caterer
- Choose and order bridesmaid outfits
8 months to go
- Discuss readings and music with the musicians for ceremony and party
- Order invitations and envelopes (allow one invitation per married couple or family), plus order place cards, menus and start arranging seating plan.
7 months to go
- Book transport to the ceremony and on to the wedding venue for you and your bridal party (as well as a car to take you to your first-night hotel or the airport)
- Order your wedding cake- the best bit in my opinion as this involves CAKE TASTING!
- Choose and order wedding favour’s
6 months to go
- Remind your fiancé to get his and the usher’s outfits
- Choose gifts for the wedding party
- Pick your wedding rings
- Confirm the order of service, then have guest booklets printed
5 months to go
- Go honeymoon shopping ( after all you deserve some retail therapy)
- Book a hairdresser and style
- Book your make-up artist and trial appointments
4 months to go
- If you’re changing your name, renew your passport now or do it after you have your honeymoon.
- Discuss hen and stag night plans with your friends
3 months to go
- Pick a company and start gift-list window-shopping!
- Book for a colour (if you get your hair coloured) and a trim
- Organise a rehearsal and inform those who will need to be there
2 months to go
- Send out invitations six weeks before the day and keep a list of acceptances (this could be in month 3 maybe)
- Check that your fiancé has organised the rings, his wedding clothes, and your first-night hotel
- Try on your whole wedding outfit, including headdress, shoes and underwear. Forgotten anything? Get it!
- Book any other beauty treatments (nails, fake tans, etc.)
1 months to go
- Confirm numbers with caterers and do the seating plan
- Discuss special requests with your band or DJ
- Order honeymoon currency and traveller’s cheques
- Visit the hairdresser to try out hairstyles with your veil etc and have your final cut and colour
- Have your hen and stag nights – after all that running around, it’s time to party!
I hope that this step by step guide has helped you in planning your big day, its all about being organised after all. We suggest starting off by buying a beautiful wedding diary. Enjoy xx